There is a lot said about it and for it but what exactly does it MEAN to be grateful? And how can we be grateful for everything, even when it is a challenge?
Being grateful has changed the way I see things and the way my life now looks. I’ m grateful for that!
If you have done any personal development at all you would have heard this:
“The more we are grateful, the more things we attract into our lives to be grateful for”
To begin with I didnt really have faith in this statement. It was a ‘deliberate’ act of gratitude daily for me when I started to practice this. But now, gratitude is a way of life and comes flowing from me effortlessly. And, here’s what else happened…there seems to be MANY more things now to be grateful for. Magic!
So how can you easily feel gratitude daily for what is and for what is to come?
Sometimes it is super easy to express feelings of appreciation but its in those times when you DONT feel an ounce of gratitude for what is presented in front of you that it is MOST important to be grateful. Finding a way to see the part of the situation that is there to help you, move you forward, enrich you or build your ‘self’ in some way is the key here.
It is my belief that everything that we feel ‘happens’ to us has actually been manifested by us for a purpose. I feel every situation in our lives gives us a choice, and therein is the essence of why we are here. The choice to be a ‘victim of circumstance’ or to be ’empowered’ by it. One thing I have discovered is that even though being the victim of circumstance is the more difficult path, it is actually EASIER to stay there than to do the work to be empowered! Crazy isnt it! But one of the biggest pieces of advice and love I can give you is this…IT IS WORTH THE EFFORT, TIME AND WORK to move towards gratitude and empowerment.
Here are 5 things you can do today, and everyday, to bring you to a grateful state of mind.
1. Write down 10 things you are grateful for…right now! It may be difficult at first and if you are having trouble thinking of 10, how about being grateful for breathing, seeing, the sun, the beauty of nature, the bird you can hear singing, the food in your fridge…there is always something to be thankful for. As you continue this daily in a gratitude journal, you will find that after a little while it will a challenge to stop at 10!
2. Close your eyes for a moment…breathe in…feel every cell in your body tingling. Thank your body for being so awesome.
3. Thank every person you see today. They dont even have to do anything. Thank them anyway for coming into your experience today.
4. Write a note of gratitude to a close friend, partner/spouse, child or mentor.
5. Find the gratitude in the lesson. Think of something today that happened in your life that was a challenge at the time, and find the good that came of it. Thank the Universe for the experience and the growth that came from it for you. Be grateful for the Universe loving you enough to bring this to you so that you may become more of who you really are.
If you can do these things everyday, you will not only change the way you see things, the things you see will change, giving you even more to be grateful for. This is what I know to be true.
I am so grateful for you and the specialness you bring to this world.
Let me know what changes for you after doing these exercises for a few days. There will be a shift and we would love to hear about it. Make a comment here or over at the Facebook Community.
ps. Often it can be a challenge to find gratitude and to truly be thankful. I was in that space and know how it feels but I was fortunate enough to have people enter my life that showed the way back to gratitude. I would love to be that person for you so if you need support please contact me here: Lets Talk